Wednesday, October 21, 2009

To Eat list...

I was sick of complaining that there was nowhere good to eat in SLC so I decided to make a list of 15 places I wanted to try so here they are. Let me know of any you have loved or hated!

1. Melting pot (have been 1X in NC)
2. Bambara
3. Zinn Bistro
4. Pago
5. Franck's
6. Log Haven
7. Pat's bbq
8. Red Rock
9. Squatters
10. Ruth's diner
11. Wild Grape
12. Naked Fish Japanese Bistro
13. Lone Star Taqueria
14. Sawadee
15. Oasis Cafe

ps-Teri-I had a Kouing aman this morning and it was delicious!

11 comments:

sherron said...

Remind us to tell you our Red Rock funny story sometime. It was always one of our regular stops for breakfast or lunch when we were in Salt Lake...although we haven't been in a while. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

oooh, I'm so jealous!!! They are amazing huh???

Add Cafe Madrid to your list. It's awesome and super close to you guys.

Jessica said...

I've been to Squatters and I remember it being pretty good (but not really outstanding either). Also, Matt and I went a long time ago to Biaggi's at the Gateway. I had their Sea Bass and sometimes I dream about it. It's an Italian place so I'm sure most things are pretty good there. But if you go, get the Sea Bass!! I might just go now...

Marti said...

Jangel...So Zinn Bistro is yummy. Go hungry and it's definitely a chick spot. Brandon LOVES Pats BBQ. Ruth's Diner has a fun atmosphere. Food has just been okay for me. But I'm not really adventurous in ordering. I'd go in the spring when you can sit outside. Let me know how your eating adventures go! Have you been to Settebello? It's close to Red Rock. Yummy!

Janie Mann said...

Thanks for all of the advise, I am ready to get eating, or maybe I should say continue eating- I started my adventure last night at Red Iguana and it was delicioso!

Scott and Elly said...

Love Ruth's Diner! Best breakfast ever!

Lisa Heath said...

Tom made me go to Pat's bbq and let me just say it is scary. Not so much the restaurant but the area of town. I didn't love it because it has a really strong smoky flavor but Tom could eat it all day every day. If you ever want to try a restaurant with some girls amy and I would love to go!

Brielle and Ben said...

Ben loves Lone Star! I've never tried it, though. Cafe Madrid is AMAZING! Definitely go there. Epic is another really good one. Ben's parents take us to all sorts of places when we visit.

The Hardys said...

We need to get out more, I've never tried any of those places, but we love all the gastronomy restaurants in SLC, like market street grill! (by the way lets get together again! It's been too long, jessica b. and Jenny J. and I might get together some day and let the babies play you should come down if you can!)

jenniferhoiyin said...

this is such a good idea! I've been to ruth's but it was a long time ago in high school. i remember really liking it though. a few foodie friends of mine really like wild grape; and I really want to visit Tipica at Tony Caputo's deli. And communal down here in provo. i love food...

Courtney said...

Red Rock is good, we HAVE to go there whenever we're in SLC because Brent loves their rootbeer. They even sell it in giant glass jugs! They have some good fish and a good cobb salad too. Definitely worth trying!