Monday, October 5, 2009

Serious blast...

I had a serious blast in California last weekend! I'll wait to tell you about our fun later. Right now I am going to tell you about the first hang-up I had this weekend...

FRIDAY I left the office early to make sure I would have plenty of time to park and get to the airport on time. When I checked in a lady asked "what's your name?" and I said, "Janie Mann" and she said "Run, you have 8 minutes". I started running to security wondering why I was running, I had plenty of time...

I only had 1 carry on bag (which I loved) so I tried to get through security but of course they spotted something in my bag and had to open her up. I thought to myself, "Oh no, My Kerastase!!" (hair product I love). I told the guy, "no, it was expensive!", after giving me a weird look he took my oil of olay lotion and zipped the bag up. Relief. He didn't see it. He ran the bag through the machine and at this point I only had about 2 minutes and then he let me go.

I continued to run up the escalator and down the terminal to my gate. I pulled my itinerary out to see what time my flight left and sure enough, I was wrong, I thought it left at 5:45pm, this was actually the arrival time. Whew, I can't believe I made it, and how was I going to get my hair product back to Utah?

2 comments:

Zach and Laura Hanlon said...

So happened to Zach and I on our vacation... TWICE!

Courtney said...

I have definitely done this exact same thing, but I was leaving SLC on a flight with my Mom who was coming from somewhere else. So she got to the airport and called me like "where the heck are you? our flight leaves in 20 minutes!"...I was just leaving provo because I mixed up the arrival and departure times! Haha, to make a long story short, the plane was broken and delayed so I ended up making it, but MAN it was close...