Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cooking Class


Tonight I was able to attend a cooking class from a woman named Amy who is the pastry chef at Chez Betty in Park City, UT. My friend, Tracie who cuts my hair is friends with Amy and set up the class.  She taught us how to make yummy tacos, guacamole, vegetable rice, salsa, homemade tortillas, and bread croissant pudding toped with bananas foster. I loved EVERYTHING about the class, the fresh ingredients, learning new techniques, and getting great new recipes! I was also excited to be learning from a VIP chef. This has sparked my interest even more in the wonderful world of FOOD. I'm on the look out for more classes so let me know if you hear of any!

5 comments:

Megan King said...

That sounds like so much fun! Did you know I took a sewing class a week ago? Look at us becoming so domestic :) haha! Love ya!

Zach and Laura Hanlon said...

I'm jealous :)

The Hardys said...

That sounds so awesome! Cooking is a new love for me that is growing and growing, I want to learn all I can, that sounds like it would be an amazing experience! Yes my parents condo is in Midway, in the Swiss Oaks condos, it's a quiet and beautiful retreat! We've used it often because it's close and free for Nate and I.....a perfect getaway for college students :) Happy Anniversary by the way!!

Anonymous said...

House of Bread in Holladay does bread making classes. I thought it was a little basic, but I've been making bread for a long time. I still LOVED it though. It was so fun!

Janie Mann said...

Thanks for the ideas Teri, I could definately use some help with bread making...let's just say Dave would appreciate it! ;)