So, here's how it all went down. I decided to take a pregnancy test and it was positive. I was totally shocked after getting what felt like a ton of negatives. Dave had already gone to work so now I would have to figure out how to break the news. I didn't see him until the next morning because he was in bed when I got home that night. I thought about waking him up but just didn't know what to say. So, the next morning when he got up and got in the shower I snuck in the bathroom and put this cute little onesie and positive pregnancy test on the counter for him.

I snuck back out and jumped back in bed. I was so excited I could hardly stand it! It felt like forever waiting for him to turn the water off. A few moments later he hadn't come out of the bathroom and I couldn't wait any longer so I opened the bathroom door and was greeted with a huge hug and a kiss! Now we are close to the end of my first trimester and are so excited to become parents. We are expecting the arrival of our sweet little baby on August 31st!
25 comments:
Yay, yay, yay! We couldn't be more excited to have a niece or nephew. What a cute way to tell Dave. I can't believe you didn't wake him up though...I could never have waited that long because I am terrible at waiting! ;)
Katy, I know I can't believe I waited too. I think I was kind of still in shock...
It's a girl... I just know it!
We are so excited for you! What a darling way to tell Dave. You must be feeling good or we all would have known the last little while that you were pregnant! Can't hide throwing up too long. Thanks for the quick report about coming to the reunion. We are moving you into the living room so you will have more room to move around. Maegan and family will camp with us. Love you millions!
Janie that's so wonderful!! I'm so excited for you and you'll be an amazing mom! Congrats!
Hooray! Hooray!
Congratulations Janie! That's so exciting!
im so excited for you guys!!! you will be a wonderful mother. im gonna say its a boy :)
Yea Jangel!!!! We are so excited to have a little cousin for Benson to play with! Yea for Mann fetus! :)
Janie that is so exciting!!! Wahoo! Congrats! I wish you all the best!
Congrats!!! We are so excited for you guys!!!
So fun and exciting! Congrats again!! :)
Yay! Congrats Janie! I'm so excited for you guys! Now when you come down to Houston to visit, you'll hafta stop by and show us Janie Jr. ;) Luv ya!
oh janie! i'm so excited you guys! you're going to be a great mommy! i love the way you told dave!
Yeah Janie and Dave! That is so exciting! How are you feeling Janie? Have you been sick at all? I can't believe it. Are you going to find out if you are having a boy or girl before the birth? I hope so, cause I can't wait to find out. Keep us posted!
Love it! I am so happy for you guys!
WHAT???????????????? Ah!!!!!! I always forget to check private blogs and this is what I get! Oh my gosh Janie, I'm so so so so excited for you!!! Please come to W-S so Courtney and I can throw you a baby shower!
Teri just told me to look at your blog....what??? I can't believe you didn't inform me personally!! haha. Jk, but seriously, you're awesome and I miss you and I really wish you would come visit so I could see your cute pregnant self (and a baby shower would be fun...), let's make it happen!!
Thanks All! We can't wait. Teri and Corutney, I would love to see you guys. I am probably going to come to NC in March or April sometime. Let's talk soon. Love ya-
Janie!!! Its obviously been TOO long since I've looked at your blog! Congratulations! I am SO happy for you! You are going to be a great mom!
Wow!!! Congratulations. Being a mom is awesome. I am so happy for you.
YAY! Janie you will be the best mom.
YOU'RE PREGNANT?!?! CONGRATULATIONS! That is so so so exciting! I love how you told your hubby too. What a fun and darling idea! Congrats lil mama!
Congratulations!! SO happy for you. Hope you're feeling well!
i've been thinking about you every day since you told me the news. I am so so excited for you. yay baby mann!
Post a Comment