
So Dave and I still had gift cards from our wedding that we wanted to get rid of, specifically at Williams-Sonoma. I wanted a La Cruset pot and he wanted a bread maker so I decided to get the bread maker b/c 1) I'm not much of a bread maker and 2) b/c TJ MAX has never failed me for purchasing Kitchen stuff at great prices. On Monday I made my first run at it and it went ok. The reason it only went ok was probably b/c I thought it would be no big deal if I substituted the powder milk and water for regular milk. Oh, and I also had to guess that my milk was between 80-90 degrees since I have no thermometer. Luckily I didn't kill the yeast and the bread rose. The inside was yummy but the outside was rather chewy. Lesson learned, follow directions! I'll let you know how the next batch goes. Any tips on bread making from anyone?
5 comments:
Sorry no tips...I have never used one of those fancy contraptions! :) I just make bread the old-fashioned way. Good luck!
Janie,
I have a bread maker and the best tips I got were seriously from the instruction manual. Mine had tips on what order to put in each ingredient and some good recipes. My favorites are the 1 hr recipes- so quick and so yummy!
I love love love making bread; my mom never bought bread growing up - store-bought bread was a treat! ha! But, I've never used a bread maker though...sorry, no help.
I have never made bread. However, I would like some :)
JANIE. Come on! We are total pros already!! I can't believe you've forgotten everything we learned together so quickly...or maybe it was just that you didn't have freshly ground wheat to work with. How disappointing.
Post a Comment